Student Aircraft Mechanic (SAM)
The course is a project under a cooperation of Thai Air Asia, BAC, and Rajamangala University of Technology Krungthep. This is because Thai Air Asia sees the importance of aircraft mechanic crews and the possibility for the growth of desire for the crews in aviation industry. The course is a short 1 year course in which the passed candidates will get to study Basic Aircraft Maintenance course, whose standard follows European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), at Rajamangala University of Technology Krungthep, and will get to field training with aircraft maintenance crews of BAC. After that, the students will get to study and learn the actual practical steps at Thai Air Asia. The first generation has 26 students as a total number and has started their course on October 16, 2017. As for the qualifications of the first generation are as follows:
- Younger than 35 years old
- For male, no military service obligation (with Sor.Dor. 8 or Sor.Dor. 43)
- Has a healthy body, not having color blindness and not deaf
- Graduates, or will be graduating, with a master degree in engineering; or high vocational certificate in mechanic, electricity, and electronics, or related fields in equivalent.
- Has a TOEIC score not less than 400 (only for the personal type of test)
- Has no crime records from Royal Thai Police
- Takes student aircraft mechanic course for 1 year, consisting of 3 terms
- Teaching available in Thai and English while textbooks will be in English
- The course will be both theory and practical, and has an actual training with the aircrafts of BAC.
- Tuition fee
- Uniform fee
- Textbooks fee
- Educational aid fee
For those interested in the course and need more information, you can see in Facebook page : BAC Aircraft Mechanics Club or click link below https://www.facebook.com/AdminStudentAircraftMechanic/